Sripuram – The Golden Temple was built in a short span of 7 years. It was inaugurated on August 24, 2007. The consecration ceremony was witnessed by thousands of devotees. Since then, the temple has attracted hundreds of thousands of devotees; often breaching the 1 lakh mark on special occasions. The temple has also changed the face of Thiruamalaikodi village and the nearby town – Vellore. In the coming years, the temple envisages to create a positive influence on the society and ultimately bring about a change.
The Golden Temple is situated in a 100 acre lush green landscape in the middle of a star-shaped path, such that it absorbs maximum energy from nature, which creates enormous peace and brings relaxation to the devotees who walk through the starpath. Devotees walking through the starpath are blessed to read messages of truth and righteousness that enables them to realize themselves and transform into powerful beings. The ultimate purpose of the Golden Temple is to create righteousness and transformation in human beings.
- The star-shaped path with twelve ‘auspicious’ vertices creates a divine energy form on the Earth, akin to the sacred Srichakra.
- Messages of truth and righteousness are posted on both sides of the pathway to encourage people to read them and imbibe their meaning as they walk slowly towards the Temple. These messages will cover topics such as the purpose of human birth and human life, the things we should and we should not do, the need for devotion and many more.
- Walking through the starpath, laid with these messages, creates a rejuvenating experience and reminds oneself of the true purpose of life and nature of the world.
The landscape of Sripuram is completely natural, created and managed using organic manure. One feels closest to one’s true self in this serene ambience. Water from all the major rivers of the country were brought to create the Ecopond – ”Sarvatheertham”. The creation of this pond has resulted in a wonderful ecosystem for birds and insects, complemented by over 20,000 saplings of various species.
Will be updated soon.
Sahasra Deepa Mantapam
Sashasra Deepam or one thousand eight lamps is one of the sacred, special installations at Sripuram, Sri Lakshmi Narayani Golden Temple.
Sahasra Deepam is designed as a towering structure made of bronze, to a height of 18 feet, structured into layers of 9 levels. The towering deepam is placed on a Tortoise pedestal resembling the churning of the ocean.
The deepa mandapam is located on the eastern side of the star path – the entrance to the temple, enclosed in a vast structure encompassing mega wall murals (statues) of three Sakthis – Sri Saraswathi, Sri Mahalakshmi & Sri Durga, on each wall, respectively.
Every day Sri Sukta homam is performed both in the morning and evening in the deepa madapam, wherein devotees can participate in the homams. Gho Pooja is performed every day in the deepa mandapam, enabling devotees to participate in the sacred Gho Pooja.Lighting Ghee Lamps is very auspicious and sacred to Ashtalakshmi, as it dispels darkness in our lives and leads to the creation of wealth & Joy
Sri Swarna Lakshmi
Will be updated soon
- The entire temple was designed by Amma, as conceived through the divine vision.
- All parts of the main temple are covered completely in gold.
- The temple has nine to fifteen manually prepared layers of gold foil.
- The temple is adorned with man-made sculptures, ornately decorated pillars and roof
4.00am to 8.00 am Abishekam
8.00am to 8.00 pm General Dharshan
6.00pm to 7.00 pm Aarthi Seva
Devotees are requested to dress appropriately and avoid Short pants, Nighties, Lungies, Midi and Bermudas.
Tobacco, Chewing gums, Cameras, Mobiles Phones & other Electronic items, Liquorand Inflammable items will be restricted on entry. You are requested to kindly adhere to the rules.
Amazon Auto Links: No products found.
Amazon Auto Links: No products found.